Add contacts to the directory
- Select Contact directory.
- Press the Add soft key.
- Enter the person’s details.
- Press the Save soft key.
To dial a contact from the directory, access the contact directory screen, scroll up or down to the desired contact and press the Dial soft key.
Set up call forwarding on your Polycom phone
On the phone's main menu, select the CFW soft button. The Teams Call Forwarding state will be displayed along with instructions on how to change it using dialing feature codes.
Dial *33* followed by the forwarded-to phone number. The phone number can be in E.164 format or a dial string that will be converted based on your dial plan. (For example: *33*+02165077## or *33*021650###)
To forward calls to your voice mail, set a forward-to phone number redirecting to your office phone. You can do this for all forwarding settings.
If the caller hears a ring tone four times or a fast busy tone, this indicates the setting had been successful.
Forward on timeout (unanswered calls)
- Dial *34*.
- Input an optional time in seconds. The default is set to 20 seconds, but you can select a time up to 60 seconds. Ensure that your time is rounded up to the next 10 seconds.
- Dial * followed by the forwarded-to phone number.
Your final input will follow this format: *34*(timeout period in seconds)*(forwarded-to number)
For example, *34*10*021650888, means that if the call is unanswered in 10, the call will be forwarded to the number 021650888.
Reset call forwarding
To reset your call forwarding settings, dial *32*.
Set up simultaneous ring on your Polycom phone
Dial *35* followed by the simultaneous phone number you would like to ring. The phone number can be in E.164 format or a dial string that will be converted based on your dial plan. (For example: *35*+02165077## or *35*021650###)
Call forwarding, call groups, and simultaneous ring in Teams
Set up call forwarding
To start forwarding your calls, In Microsoft Teams, select Settings and more next to your profile picture at the top of Teams. Then select Settings > Calls.
Under Call answering rules, choose Forward my calls, and then select where you want your forwarded calls to go: voicemail, another person, or a call groups.
You can also find these settings (in the Calls area) by selecting Don't forward (or Forward to voicemail, etc.) in the lower-left of Teams.
Set up call forwarding to a call group
Group call pickup is less disruptive than other forms of call forwarding because recipients can choose how to be notified of an incoming call in their settings and decide whether to answer it.
- Under Call answering rules, select Forward my calls.
- In the Forward to menu, select Call group.
- Under Add people, add the people you want in your call group. You can add up to 25 people. Anyone you add will get a notification.
- Go to the Ring order menu and select All at the same time to ring everyone simultaneously, or In the order above to call people in order in 20-second intervals. If your call group has six or more people, incoming calls will ring all of them at the same time.
Create a new call group
To create a new contact group (or call group), follow these instructions:
- Click Chat on the left-hand side of Teams.
- Select the Chat dropdown then select Contacts.
- Click Create a new contact group at the bottom of the pane.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new group.
Set up simultaneous ring
If you want your incoming calls to ring you and someone else (such as a delegate) at the same time, you can set that up in Teams.
- At the top of Teams, select Settings and more next to your profile picture.
- Select Settings > Calls.
- Under Call answering rules, select Calls ring me.
- Click Also ring and select where else you want your calls to ring: another person, no one, or a call group. (If you don't see any options for simultaneous ring in your settings, it's likely that you don't have an Enterprise Voice or Business Voice licence. Also note that it can take up to 24 hours for changes in licences to take effect.)
Set up simultaneous ring in a call group
- Under Call answering rules, select Calls ring me.
- In the Also ring menu, select Call group.
- Under Add people, add the people you want in your call group. You can add up to 25 people within UCT.
- Go to the Ring order menu and select All at the same time to ring everyone simultaneously or In the order above to call people in order in 20-second intervals. If your call group has six or more people, incoming calls will ring all of them at the same time.
Enable Do Not Disturb
This feature prevents your phone from ringing when you get incoming calls. When the feature is enabled, calls to your number are logged in the Missed Calls list or forwarded to another party if you’ve set up call forwarding. Your caller’s screen will display a flashing icon and text informing them that your Do Not Disturb feature is on.
To enable / disable Do Not Disturb, press the DND soft key.
Restart your phone
In some cases you may need to restart your phone. This could happen if you can’t resolve a problem with the phone, or when you update the phone software. There are two ways to restart your phone:
|Restart via the phone buttons||Restart via the wall plug|