What’s in the box?
When you receive the phone, check that the box includes the following contents (numbered according to the diagram):
- Polycom VVX310 Phone
- Handset and cord
- Power cable
- Network Cable
- Phone Base
- Ferrite Clamp
If any of the components are missing, please contact the IT Helpdesk to request assistance.
You may also find a quick assembly guide booklet in the box. Do not follow those instructions. Rather follow the steps covered in this article.
Step 1: Connect the cables
- Unplug the network cable from your computer and connect it to the phone’s LAN socket (as shown in step 1 above).
- Take the supplied black network cable and plug it into the phone’s PC socket (as shown in step 2 above). Add the ferrite clamp to this point of the cable, then plug the other end in to your computer.
- Take the supplied handset and connect the chord to the phone’s handset socket (as shown in step 3 above).
- Take the supplied power adapter and connect it to the phone’s power socket (marked DC 48V – as shown in step 4 above).
- Switch off your wall plug, then plug the phone’s power adapter in to the wall plug.
Step 2: Install the phone and its base
Step 3: Sign into Microsoft Teams
- Select Sign In.
- Select Sign In again to display the login URL and code again. Note that the phone will generate a different Pair Code each time you sign in.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, and sign in with your UCT credentials and password.
- On a laptop or computer, visit https://microsoft.com/devicelogin.
- Enter the Pair Code from the phone, then click Next.
- Enter your email@example.com. (Note that a message on screen will say that you're signing in to a Teams SIP Gateway in Netherlands or Ireland. This is normal, as there is no gateway in South Africa.)
- Enter your UCT password, then complete the UCT multi-factor authentication using the authentication app on your phone, or the code sent to you via SMS.
- Accept the prompt to sign into the SIP Gateway, then click Continue.
- Your phone will reboot twice before you can use it.
- Upon successful sign-in, a message in your web browser will confirm that you've signed into the Teams SIP Gateway.
- Your Polycom phone will now display your telephone number, including the international dialing code (e.g. +27216501129).