These terms, conditions, and rules apply to the ICTS Techfest Competition (“the competition”), which is being run by ICTS.
- WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION START AND END?
- The competition period starts at 09:00 a.m. on 07 August 2019 and ends at 4:00 p.m. on 08 August 2019.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the duration of the competition period.
- The draw will take place a week after the competition ends.
- HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
Upon entering the Techfest venue (Sarah Baartman Hall), staff and students must present their UCT identity cards for capturing via a barcode scanner for access control purposes. This process will automatically enter staff and students into the competition. Note that you will only have one entry into the competition – even if you scan your card multiple times.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO WIN?
- Students who are currently registered to study at UCT in 2019.
- UCT staff members and Third Parties (i.e. are currently on the UCT payroll) – other than full-time ICTS employees.
- WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN?
The following persons will forfeit any prizes awarded to them (and another entrant will be drawn):
- Any full-time employee of ICTS.
- Any students that have been contracted by ICTS to work at Techfest 2019.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- An iPad 6
- 2 x Lenovo Tab 4 7" tablets
- Skullcandy headphones
- Logitech g633 Artemis Spect gaming headset
- 4 x Courchevel Backpacks
- 2 Ricoh Theta SC 360 degree cameras
- An Amazon Deco Bluetooth speaker
- JBL portable speakers
- An Attitude anti-theft travel laptop backpack with built in USB charging ports
- A Thule backpack
- 20 x16 GB flash drives
Prizes are limited to one per person.
Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED?
- Following the draw, winners will be contacted and notified via their UCT email address.
- Winners may also be announced via Social Media platforms available to ICTS; however, this does not constitute proper notification to the winner, who will still be contacted via email.
- HOW TO COLLECT OR CLAIM YOUR PRIZE
- Instructions for collection will be in the email notification to the winners.
- When collecting the prize, the winner must produce a valid means of identification, e.g. their UCT staff / student card, passport, driver’s licence or ID book.
- The winner must also complete the collection form.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF ICTS CANNOT CONTACT THE WINNER, OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO COLLECT THE PRIZE?
- ICTS does not accept any responsibility for incorrect email address details, or the non-delivery of the email notification to the winner.
- If a prize is not claimed within 30 days of the prize-winner being announced and/or notified, the winner will forfeit the prize and another prize-winner will be drawn.
- Winners will be randomly drawn and this process will be supervised by the ICTS Compliance Officer.
- Duplicate entries will be removed from the list of entrants.
- ICTS reserves the right to disqualify an entry if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they are in breach of any of the above terms.
- In the case of any disputes regarding these rules, the decision of ICTS will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ICTS reserves the right to alter, amend, or close the competition as necessary.