You can answer calls with your headset when using the Polycom VVX310 IP phone. However, if you're already using your headset to listen to music or something else, you’ll need to configure your settings to give priority to phone calls over the other audio.
Configure your audio settings in Skype for Business
- Open Skype for Business.
- In the left hand panel, select Audio Device.
- In the Select the device you want to use for audio calls dropdown menu, select your headset.
- In the left hand panel, select Ringtones and Sounds.
- Ensure that the Play sounds (including ringtones for incoming calls and IM alerts) checkbox is selected.
- Click OK.
Configure your audio settings in Windows
- In your notification area, right-click
- In the Sounds dialog box:
- Select the Communications tab.
- Select Mute all other sounds.
- Click Apply then OK.
When a call comes in, all other sounds will now be muted and you can use your headset to take the call.