There is almost no discipline within the university that will not require some form of statistical analysis at one time or another in its execution. Many people see this as a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be.
STATISTICA is generally agreed to contain the most comprehensive array of data analysis, data management, data visualization, and data mining tools available on the market. It allows researchers a huge selection of predictive modelling, clustering, classification, and exploratory techniques in a wide-ranging and multi-functional software platform.
How do I install it?
You can download the package from the ICTS Downloads page.
Download the file
- Uninstall any previous versions of Statistica from your workstation.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection so you can register your Statistica installation.
- Go to ICTS Downloads and log on with your UCT username and password.
- Click Windows > Applications and download the installation file (either 32-bit or 64-bit) and installation guide.
- Open the downloaded file and the installation process will automatically begin.
NOTE: To check which operating system you have, in Windows Explorer, right-click Computer and select Properties. Under System | System type, you will see your operating system type.
- To install the software, read the instructions document that comes bundled with the download file.