Using the printers
Papercut for Windows
- For staff who work on their own computers – download PapercutStaff file.
- For shared computers – download PapercutStaffPublic file.
1. From the Downloads section
- Navigate to ICTS Downloads > enter your UCT credentials and Sign in.
- Click Windows > Papercut.
- Select the PapercutStaff or PapercutStaffPublic and download it.
- In the PapercutStaff.zip or PapercutStaffPublic.zip folder, double-click on the PapercutStaff or PapercutStaffPublic install file.
- Once the extracted contents open, select the PapercutStaff or PapercutStaffPublic installer file. Double click on the icon, and the installation will proceed.*
- Once complete, run the UCT-PrinterInstall batch file in the folder to install the printers.
*NOTE: You may receive a security warning if your are running anti-virus software other than McAfee, or if you are running Windows Defender. Follow these instructions to complete the installation correctly.
2. Using Zenworks
Follow these step-by-step instructions to install the Papercut software and Xerox printers using Zenworks.
Installing Papercut for Mac
On your Mac, you will need to install both the printer drivers and the printers themselves. Follow these step-by-step instructions to install the Papercut software and Xerox printers on your Mac.
Papercut for Linux
The Papercut client is not yet available for Linux. In order to print, you will need to use the web interface.
Using the printers
Before you can use the new printers, you will need to set up a PIN code. This can either be done the first time you release a print job at the device, or by following these instructions.
- Printing for staff
- Printing for students
- Scan and copy
- Print in colour
- Print without a staff or student card
- Print from the web interface
We also have a collection of short instructional videos on using the Xerox printers at UCT.
- Copy using the Xerox printer.
- Use the control panel on the Xerox printer.
- Control image quality on the Xerox printer
- Scan to email using the Xerox printer
- Advanced scanning features of the Xerox printer
- Place documents on the Xerox printer
- Clear paper jams in the Xerox printer
- Load paper into the trays on the Xerox printer
- Load paper into the bypass tray of the Xerox printer