UCT hosts several network drives – such as an individual F: drive (personal storage space for each student) and the G: drive (which contains storage space for each department).
For shared areas – such as the folders on your department’s G: drive – you’ll need access to the department’s common drive.
How to access the drives
Install the Novell client (staff only)
Most UCT-owned and purchased computers come with the Novell client pre-installed. If your computer does not have the client installed, log a call with IT Helpdesk or install it yourself following the instructions below.
Install the client by downloading it from the ICTS Downloads page:
- Log on to the ICTS Downloads page and navigate to Windows > Novell Client.
- Select NovellSP4-IR10 (if you are running Windows 10) or NovellSP4-IR5-Win7 (if you are running Windows 7), then download the installation file to a convenient location.
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in, then double-click the downloaded installation file.
- Proceed through the installation procedure and restart your computer when prompted.
- If you are on campus, log on using your UCT username and password. However, if you are working from home:
- Log in to Computer Only with your network credentials (or as advised when the machine was set up).
- Connect to the UCT VPN service.
- Once your are connected to the VPN, right-click the
- Log on using your UCT username and password.