Bytes have deployed several devices across campus in document centres, departments, labs, residences and print rooms for all printing needs from normal desktop printing to bulk and secure printing.
Mobile Printing Setup Specifications
- Mobility Print only supports Microsoft Windows 7 and above
- Download the mobility print installer.
- Open the downloaded installer in the web browser.
- Select run, preferred language and agree to terms and conditions.
- Select your preferred printers for use on mobile printing.
- Enter Papercut username and password.
NB: Remember to select a printer when printing via this feature.
- Mobility Print only supports MacOS Yosemite and above
- Navigate to System Preference and select either Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- Click the
- Select Add Printer / +.
- Select a Printer. The Name, Location and Use will be displayed.
- Verify that Use is set to Secure AirPrint.
- If Secure AirPrint is not displayed, close the Add dialog box.
- Disconnect from the network, then reconnect again.
- Verify if you can see Secure AirPrint. If not, contact the System Administrator.
- Click Add
- Two print queues will be available:
- Enter the Papercut username and password when prompted.
- Mobility Print only supports iOS 9.2 and above
- Ensure the iPhone/iPad device is connected to the UCT wireless network.
- Select the preferred document, select Print and AirPrint will find the nearest printer on the network.
- Mobility Print only supports Android 4.4 and above on Google, Samsung, HTC phones and tablets
- Ensure the Andriod device is connected to the UCT wireless network.
- Install the Mobility Print app from the Google Play Store.
- Click the
- Launch the App.
- Tap Android settings > Mobility Print > Enable toggle.
- Exit Android Settings.
- Printing is now enabled. Enter Papercut username and password when prompted,
- Mobility Print only supports Chrome OS with Chrome version 43 and above for Chrome Apps and version 53 and above for Android Apps
- Ensure the device is connected to the UCT wireless network.
- Install the Mobility Print Chrome app.
- If printing from an Android application such as Microsoft Word:
- Printing differs depending on the app used. More information can be retrieved from the documentation on the app itself.
(Example: Printing from Microsoft Word press Ctrl+P > select a printer > click Print.
- When selecting a printer to print from ensure it is a mobility print printer identified by the Papercut icon
- Enter Papercut username and password when prompted.
All Xerox Devices are managed and maintained under a central managed solution, UCT Managed Print Services.
- Logging calls:
Tel: 021 650 1549
- Onsite support: 8:00 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
- Telephonic support: Weekdays: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- After hours telephonic support: Phone 021 650 4815 (This number is routed to the after hours support centre. Please request to speak to the UCT standby personnel).