ZENworks Linux Management (ZLM) ensures that your SLED 10 machine is automatically kept up to date with all the latest software and patch updates.
How to configure ZENworks Linux Management
Install the ZLM-Agent on your system
- You must have Linux SLED 10 installed
- Ensure that the following packages and their dependencies are installed (If these packages are not installed, install them before continuing):
- To mount the ZLM-Agent.iso and run the installation, do the following in a terminal window:
- Type mkdir /media/tmp and press Enter
- Type mount -t nfs srvslszlm001.uct.ac.za:/mirror/rpm/zlm_agent /media/tmp. and press Enter
- Type cd /media/tmp. and press Enter
- Type ./zlm-install. and press Enter
- Enter srvslszlm001.uct.ac.za when prompted for the ZENworks Server address input.
- Type one of the following keys:
- sled10_32 (for a 32 bit PCs using SLED 10 without service pack one)
- sled10_64 (for a 64 bit PCs using SLED 10 without service pack one)
- sled10sp1_32 (for a 32 bit PCs using SLED 10 with service pack one)
- sled10sp1_64 (for a 64 bit PCs using SLED 10 with service pack one)
- Alternatively you can register a blank key or create your own key. You will need super-user (su) or root rights for your desktop to create a new group.
- If you include all the patch groups (keys) you will need a fairly large /boot partition for all the optional kernel and boot time patches.