Thank you to everyone who submitted pieces for consideration in our 2020 ICTS Creativity Expo. It was wonderful to see the hidden talents within the department, and we hope to repeat this kind of expo in future so that we can uncover more amazing creative works by ICTS staff.
The winning pieces
With all the votes tallied, the winning pieces are:
|Winning artwork||Winning poem|
|Fireflies by Niki McQueen||To my Grandfather by Trevor Joubert|
Congratulations to Niki and Trevor, who will both receive prizes for their winning entries upon our return to the office.
All entries are still accessible in the Microsoft Teams ICTS TV channel (Files tab), and we plan to set up a permanent online gallery to showcase these and future creative submissions from ICTS staff.
In 2022, we will host another edition of the Creative Expo. Details will be emailed to ICTS staff.
A later exhibition will invite photographic submissions from ICTS staff, with a theme to still be decided. We'll announce the theme closer to the time.
Submissions are always open
Aside from these themed exhibitions, we accept submissions throughout the year, so you’re always welcome to share your content with us. We might not be able to publish all submissions, but we really appreciate all content we receive from ICTS staff – so please do send us the items in these categories:
- Pictures: Send in amazing photos or artwork. These can be either your own work, or images you’ve found somewhere else. We’re looking for landscape-oriented pictures, preferably 1920 x 1080 in size or bigger. Please include a caption explaining the image. Note that we won’t use images of people, but feel free to send anything else – such as striking shots of nature, urban landscapes, etc.
- Motivational quotes: We all need inspiration sometimes, so if you’ve saved some uplifting quotes, send them in. The quotes can include a graphic, if you have one available.
- Did you know? If you have a special talent to tell others about, or any interesting bits of info that you want to share with ICTS colleagues, let us know. We’ll make sure that others in the building find out about it.
- Humour: Found a funny or insightful work-related cartoon, meme, or graphic? Send it to us (along with the original source), and we’ll consider publishing it. (Remember to keep it clean, though .)
- Other news: If you have any achievements or major life events you want to share, please send us the info.
Simply send your content to the ICTS Feedback email account.