What is ZENworks Software Distribution?
ZENworks Software Distribution (ZSD) is an automated method for installing software on Windows computers that are logged in to the UCT network.
How can ZSD benefit me?
- Software installation is fast and easy
Installing an application from the ZENworks folder requires minimal user intervention. Once an application is selected, the installation and configuration occurs quickly and automatically.
- Certain corrupted software installations can be detected and automatically repaired
If there is an issue with installed software (such as a missing file or component) the application is automatically repaired and the missing file is replaced in the background ensuring that the program is fully functional and stable with little or no delay. This eliminates the need to re-install the application.
Can Mac and Linux users use ZSD?
No, ZSD is not currently available to Apple Mac or Linux users.
What software is available through ZENworks?
All site licensed software is available on ZSD. We have also made provision for some Open Source applications for the Windows platform. Software available includes:
- 7 Zip
- Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
- Free Download Manager
How do I install software using ZENworks Software Distribution (ZSD)?
There should be a ZENworks Application shortcut on your Windows Desktop. If you do not have this shortcut, check that you have Zenworks Software Distribution (ZSD) installed by checking for the icon in your System Tray.
- If the Zenworks icon is not in your system tray, then it is not installed. In this case, please log a call with the IT Helpdesk for assistance.
- Before using ZSD, ensure that you are logged into the UCT network.
- Double-click the ZENworks Application Folder on your desktop.
- Browse the applications and double-click to install the application.
- Some applications may require that you restart your computer to complete the installation process.