ICTS has added multi-factor authentication to the Virtual Private Network.
How does it affect me?
- Whenever you access the AnyConnect application, the dropdown menu will contain two options. Please use the vpn.uct.ac.za option.
- A browser will then open, asking you to log in with your UCT credentials. Log in using your email@example.com and password.
- Complete the MFA authentication using the method you previously set up (i.e. either the authenticator app, or via a verification code sent to you by SMS).
- Upon successful authentication, Accept the VPN terms of service.
- You are now connected to the UCT VPN.
If you require assistance with the VPN or MFA, please contact the IT Helpdesk for assistance.